photo facebook_zps1c56e0d5.png  photo pinterest_zps37b051d6.png  photo instagram_zps683531d3.png  photo twitter_zps2df70c88.png  photo bloglovin_zps4653af45.png

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Maine: Day One

This past week one of my goals and dreams came true. I returned to the Southern Coast of Maine. More specifically Wells. My childhood memories of this sleepy shore town always made me feel like I wasn't home here in the city. My parents purchased land a short 4 miles from the beach and were going to build a house around the time I was about to start high school. Life happened and plans changed and the land was sold with no house ever built. It turned into an investment into my parents business instead. I always felt like a little piece of me was left in Maine.  It has the perfect mix of exquisite beaches and endless woods. The land just sings to my soul. This past week went far too quickly and has left me yearning to go home. That's exactly what it feels like there. Home. I am already trying to convince John we need to relocate. He tells me to "keep dreaming" so that's what I'm gonna do. I went on this vacation with my mom and the kids, next time I have to bring him and I know he will be convinced! Here is my photo diary of our first day in Maine.


Marginal Way, Ogunquit Maine

The best little hidden area off the walking trail with a bench to relax and watch the sea

Rock Sculptures



He was in boy heaven with all this rock climbing


Perkins Cove

Maine Diner for dinner


Hole in One

He beat me in mini golf

This is what happens at the end of a very busy first day of vacation and you want just one more picture from Olivia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment