photo facebook_zps1c56e0d5.png  photo pinterest_zps37b051d6.png  photo instagram_zps683531d3.png  photo twitter_zps2df70c88.png  photo bloglovin_zps4653af45.png

Thursday, August 1, 2013

100 Book Challenge: July 2013

 

I am so proud of myself this month. Even with the hectic summer days I managed to read 9 books! Keeping up a steady pace and only 52 more books to go! I also am loving pinterest these days. I just search "reading" and I find the most relevant reading quotes and pictures. I enjoy sharing them with you in these posts I hope you like them too. Next month with one of my friends I am starting a monthly book club. I am SO EXCITED about it. I love to talk about books and am looking forward to talking to people about what I'm passionate about and it will be so interesting to get their takes on the books we read.



40. Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux
 Madeliene Roux has become a bit of an inspiration for me. She started out her writing career and this book series based on her blog. She would post as her character Allison and turned it into a book. I enjoyed this book. I'm a sucker for a good zombie survivor story. The main character Allison is tough but totally relatable. She's not a generic heroine. She is a normal woman becoming something more in a chaotic and dangerous world. 


41. Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer
This was a book that I just happened to see on the shelf and decided to grab. It's a quick easy read. Great to take on vacation and read on the beach or just lounging around. I enjoyed the characters and their personalities. The story line was very simple not a real have to think about it book.



42. Evermore (The Immortals #1) by Alyson Noel
Womp! Womp! That is the sound of me being disappointed. Picked this one up in the teen fiction section on a whim. I made it with two chapters left. I've never done that with a book before I just couldn't take it anymore. I looked up reviews and other people loved it. Well it just wasn't for me. I won't be picking up any of the other books in the series. Maybe it was too "juvenile". 



43. Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha by Karen Marie Moning
                 I like a good graphic novel. Sometimes it helps with visualizing the characters from one of your favorite book series. I just love any type of artwork. Graphic novels hold a special little place in my heart. I wish I had the talent to produce work like this.


44. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
I have read almost every book written by Samantha Young. Probably one of my favorite authors. I fall in love with every character in her books. If you haven't read anything by her I would start with this series. That's what I started with. Her other series are considered "young adult" but they don't feel juvenile to me. This series is her first novel considered adult fiction. On Dublin Street did not disappoint I love that the main character was a young woman who had a ton of issues. It's different than the normal sweet girl getting in too deep with the mysterious, messed up, sexy bad boy. 


45. The Perks Of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This book deserves all the hype it gets. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to watch the movie. This book reaches the little part of yourself that you forget about when you get older. Even if you were the most popular kid in school you still had those insecure thoughts and inner turmoil that your adolescent hormones created. This book was tragic and beautiful. It took me a couple days to "get out of my own head", just to process the depth that this book reaches. 


This little book caught my eye on the shelf of the adult fiction shelf. It is actually a little book. Meaning as in size! A very short and quick read but it was enjoyable. Bonus Gene Wilder wrote it. Who doesn't love Gene Wilder? The synopsis is what dragged me in. A war time romance with some espionage.. it will get you every time. 


47. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
 Now I know what all the fuss is about. Gillian Flynn is an insanely good writer. This mystery had me guessing all the way to the end. The way she weaved the story and the craziness of her characters is not to be compared. Amazing! For those who "can't read" and "rather watch the movie" this book reads like a movie. Enjoy! I have her other two titles on hold at the library. Can't wait to devour them! I finished this in two days!


48. Iced: A Fever Novel (Dani O'Malley #1) by Karen Marie Moning
The Fever Series is one of my favorite new series. The first five novels focus on the main heroine Mac. In those series she starts a close relationship with Dani, a 14 year old girl with super powers! She's bad ass! Their relationship hits a bump at the end of the Fever Series but it looks like in the next Dani O'Malley book we will see where they end up. Alot of people had issues with this one because of the sexual references and the main character being only 14. I loved it! It was done tastefully and in the universe this is set its appropriate.    Dani is no normal 14 year old. I was a little nervous before reading this because I thought I wouldn't be as attached to the characters as I was with Mac but we got another view of the Mac universe and I enjoyed it so much. This was a big book and I finished it quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment